MARKHAM, ON / December 14, 2022 / Pond Technologies Holdings Inc. (Pond) (TSXV:POND)(OTCQB:PNDHF)(FSE:4O0), an ESG company addressing global sustainability challenges of wellness and climate change, is providing an update on its agreement with Livalta, an AB Agri company, a subsidiary of Associated British Foods (LSE:ABF). Pond is pleased to report that the installation of an algae lab, along with a number of Pond designed algae bioreactors, has been successfully installed on site at AB Agris British Sugar plant in Wissington, UK.
Pond built a system of smaller 60 L bioreactors and controls at its Canadian headquarters in Markham, Ontario, and has delivered, installed, and commissioned the system at the AB Agri Wissington location. Pond worked with AB Agri to specify the equipment needed to set up the lab which is an important step to support the 1,500 L and 10,000 L pilot bioreactors in Wissington in 2023. The initial algae grown in this lab will be used in the bioreactor scale up process.
Valerie Schuster, Managing Director of Livalta (a division of AB Agri) said: This is our first step towards piloting Ponds technology to grow algae using CO2 emissions as feedstock or, as we would put it, take a problem (CO2 emissions) out of the air and convert it into high value protein. There is still some way to go, but we have made a start with a great team effort between Livalta, AB Agri, British Sugar and Pond Technologies.
Grant Smith, President & CEO at Pond said: Installing the lab and initial seed train is the first stage in any algal project because doing so permits larger commercial scale photobioreactors. We are excited to report that algae growth has begun, and we anticipate that larger bioreactors will go online in 2023.
About Pond Technologies Holdings Inc.:
Located in Markham, Ontario, Pond Technologies has developed a proprietary system that can profitably transform CO2 into valuable products. Its Pond Carbon business focuses on absorbing greenhouse gas emissions, transforming these into food, feed, and nutraceutical ingredients. Pond recently added a Biotech division focused on the growth of unique strains of microalgae to be used as a reproductive medium for the expression of human antibodies and proteins.
For more information, please visit https://www.pondtech.com/.
Livalta, an AB Agri company, develops new, responsible proteins for feed and food using the latest science and technology. It seeks to contribute to making food systems more responsible, meeting the needs of people and the planet. It produces local, traceable proteins from e.g., co-products, algae or single cells and transforms them into high value feed and food ingredients.
About AB Agri:
AB Agri is the agricultural division of Associated British Foods and manufactures animal feed, nutrition, and technology-based products and offers data services for the agri-food industry. It operates all along the food industry supply chain. It produces and supplies compound animal feed, feed enzymes, specialised feed ingredients and a range of value-added services to farmers, feed and food manufacturers, processors and retailers.
Associated British Foods is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of 17bn and 132,000 employees operating in 53 countries. It has significant businesses in Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia. Its aim is to achieve strong, sustainable leadership positions in markets that offer potential for long-term profitable growth. It looks to achieve this through a combination of growth of existing businesses, acquisition of complementary new businesses and achievement of high levels of operating efficiency.
Neither TSXV nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSXV) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
This press release contains forward?looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including statements regarding the Wissington pilot project and timing of bringing on larger bioreactors at the site. Such forward?looking statements are based on certain key expectations and assumptions made by Pond, including, among others, assumptions regarding successful operation of the Pond lab and algae bioreactors, sale of algae produced on favourable terms, construction of the larger bioreactors on time and within budget, compliance by Livalta of its contractual obligations with Pond, the continued legislative (including tax) regime in which Pond operates, availability of cost?effective labour and supplies, the proper functioning of Ponds technology, the quality of the algae produced, the demand for Ponds technology, the ability of Pond to successfully compete, cash flow and expenses, and obtaining and maintaining intellectual property protection. Although Pond believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward?looking statements are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed thereon and Pond can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. By its nature, such forward?looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, which could cause the actual results and expectations to differ materially from the anticipated results or expectations expressed, including the risks set forth in Ponds managements discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations for its year ended December 30, 2021, available on Ponds profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on this forward?looking information, which is given as of the date hereof, and to not use such forward?looking information for anything other than its intended purpose. Pond does not undertake any obligation to update publicly or revise any forward?looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
For further information contact: Grant Smith, Chief Executive Officer, at [email protected], or 416-287-3835 ext. 201
SOURCE: Pond Technologies Holdings Inc.
Featured Image Depositphotos @ biotechnology-researcher-concept-or-biotech-science-93883345
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Pond Technologies Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Pond Technologies Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) two hundred twenty-nine thousand and eight hundred CAD for 29 days (21 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect managements expectations regarding Pond Technologies Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Pond Technologies Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Pond Technologies Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Pond Technologies Inc. intends to offer; (e) Pond Technologies Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Pond Technologies Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Pond Technologies Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Pond Technologies Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Pond Technologies Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Pond Technologies Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Pond Technologies Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Pond Technologies Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Pond Technologies Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Pond Technologies Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Pond Technologies Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Pond Technologies Inc.’s business operations (e) Pond Technologies Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Pond Technologies Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Pond Technologies Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Pond Technologies Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Pond Technologies Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Pond Technologies Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Pond Technologies Inc. or such entities.
Read more investing news on PressReach.com.
Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed
Follow PressReach on Twitter
Follow PressReach on TikTok
Follow PressReach on Instagram
Subscribe to us on Youtube
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Buzz Illustrated journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.